Saturday, February 9, 2013


I sometimes get the feeling I am "old" enough that I shouldn't keep running up with spiritual needs and wants I should have matured out of...I should have learned by now to trust in that grace I have long known even when I cannot sense it's presence. And I think of someone going through darkness without that learned trust. "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."

FROM A CHILD IN THE DARK
I, who know that light exists,
do not need the seeing of the light
so long familiar.
Though I am in a time of darkness,
there are many who have never yet seen the light,
known its warmth, felt its loving caress.
So in accepting my present darkness
(knowing it does not affect the light I now cannot see)
accept my prayer
for your blessed and blessing light
to shine for the one who badly needs it,
for those who have only known darkness,
for all who need your illumination.

No comments:

Post a Comment