Tuesday, August 28, 2012

God's Healing Strategy, Revised Edition: An Introduction to the Bible's Main ThemesGod's Healing Strategy, Revised Edition: An Introduction to the Bible's Main Themes by Ted Grimsrud
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A welcome, and welcoming, look at the whole story of the Bible showing us a God of love and mercy, as opposed to punishment and wrath. "Mercy for me implies mercy for everyone." (p. 95) "We who are loved by God (should) love as God loves." (p. 95) Where John the baptiser preaches repent for fear of God's wrath, Jesus says repent (change life direction) because of the good news that God is love, and God's mercy will lead to the good life. (p. 128)
Although I read through it in a couple of days because it is a theme I have interest in, the book is in a group-study format.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment