Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Careful Use of Compliments (Sunday Philosophy Club, #4)The Careful Use of Compliments by Alexander McCall Smith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I so enjoyed it! Again containing a generous serving of profound observations:
"...At the end of every...exclusion,...ethnic cleansing,...heartlessness, there is a you and me." p. 11.
"We think the world is ours forever, but we are little more than squatters." p. 12.
"Do not act meanly, do not be unkind, because the time for setting things right may pass before your heart changes course." p. 134.
A humorous passage in the book has Isabel speculating on fictional characters, and then regarding her thoughts as irrelevant to her own situation.
I will look forward to reading the next in the Isabel Dalhousie series as soon as possible.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment