Sunday, July 3, 2011

Introverts in the Church: Finding Our Place in an Extroverted CultureIntroverts in the Church: Finding Our Place in an Extroverted Culture by Adam S. McHugh

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I really enjoyed reading this book. So many descriptions of the introvert personality traits were eye-openers for me. On page 44, the description of physiological brain differences between introverts and extroverts was astounding and validating. Having sometimes felt inferior because of a lot of these differences, it is a comfort to know that my 'slowness' in social situations is sometimes simply characteristic of the way my brain is wired. It also helps me be more tolerant of extrovert type of behavior.
P. 82: "Proper solitude leads to compassion and love for others." P. 84: "People of prayer become people of action." P. 149: "People will watch what we do before they listen to what we say."



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment