Monday, February 22, 2010



If it wasn't for the fact that I know God is omniscient,
all wise, all good, and perfect in completeness
I might have a question, might venture a suggestion
or two about the nature of this beautiful horrible world.

Could it be a possibility, I ask with all humility,
to conceive a kinder gentler form of the necessity called free will?
Or again, all due respect, if that idea holds some defect
could God make us nobler creatures choosing God's way by default?
But Lord, we scramble weakly, too blind and poor to seek Thee,
short on sympathy for fellow creatures, short of worship for I AM.

Still I hold onto the fact that I know God is omniscient,
all wise, all good, and perfect in completeness,
and there is the crowning thought we poor creatures are the sought
by the God of love and mercy, none more worthy of our trust.
-HJ Feb. 22, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment