Friday, March 27, 2009




Let me rest here in my armour. Let me lay my weapons down.
I would close my eyes and rest, put off the fight to win the crown.
The voices say, "Why labour? You are weary. It is night.
What's the use of constant vigilance? Why keep on with the fight?
Victory is never certain in this battle you are in.
Are you sure you have good reason? Is there any hope to win?"
I am fully armed and weaponed but I'm losing all my drive,
And I feel a slight confusion as to why I am alive.
But a shield is no soft pillow and my armour presses me,
So I'll stand, appearing ready to engage the enemy,
Hoping I will have the courage to get up each time I'm down,
And find reason to keep swinging in this fight to win the crown.

Hermina Janz, Mar 27, 2009
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment