Wednesday, June 16, 2010




(If I see myself as a beloved child of God, this has implications...)

As a beloved child,
may I be more loving
to all the other children.

As one who is forgiven,
may I forgive all
as a thank offering.

As a welcomed follower,
may I persevere
to the very end of the trail.

As a brother or sister of the firstborn
may I look for direction
to the one who went before.
-HJ June 16

On second thought maybe this says it better:

Let the beloved child be loving.
Let the gifted child be giving.
Let the one reborn bring new life to many.
Let the living strengthen the living.

As we have known mercy, so shall we show mercy.
As we have received, so shall we give.
As we have been welcomed, so shall we welcome.
As we are forgiven so shall we forgive.
-HJ June 17

2 comments:

  1. Both say it well. Thanks.
    Now if only we would all remember that we are "beloveds" and act upon it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I like the first version. Something about the smoothed edges of the second robbing it of the power of the earlier?

    ReplyDelete